Next 🧀 - drop:
Candy Cane Brownie
- 100 g dairy-free margarine
- 200 g dark chocolate
- ½ dl aquafaba
- 1 dl oat milk
- 2 dl sugar
- 3 1/2 dl all-purpose flour
- 1/2 dl cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Candy cane frosting:
- 150 g room temperature margarine
- 150 g room temperature spread
- 4 dl icing sugar
- 15 candy cane bites (for syrup)
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 20 candy cane bites (for garnish and crunch)
To make the brownie:
- Melt margarine and chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave until you get a smooth chocolate cream. Set aside.
- Pour the aquafaba into a bowl and beat it with an electric whisk together with the granulated sugar. Beat until it turns white.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix.
- Drizzle over the chocolate cream and mix the mixture until it is smooth and lump-free. Finally, add your oat milk.
- Spread the batter in a lined 25×25 cm baking tray (or a 25 cm diameter spring form) and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-30 minutes. It should still have a gooey center once it’s done!
- Allow the brownie to cool completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
To make the frosting:
- Add around 10 candy cane pieces to a pot along with some water. Turn the heat up to medium and stir until fully dissolved.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix butter and creamy Spread until smooth, using an electric mixer. Add icing sugar and give it another mix.
- Add the cooled-off syrup and crushed-up candy canes to the frosting and fold it in. Add more to taste.
- Frost the brownie with the buttercream frosting and garnish with more crushed-up candy cane!
MORE CREAMY SPREAD RECIPES: