Carrot Cake Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookie:
- 3 dl flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 150 g margarine (room-temperature)
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 dl brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 pack of Spread (150 g) (room-temperature)
- 100 Margarine (room-temperature)
- 2 dl icing sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 190 degrees C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Peel and shred the carrots and set them aside.
- Start by beating the margarine and the white and brown sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add golden syrup and the shredded carrot, mix.
- Then add baking powder, spices and salt to the mixture and combine.
- Fold in the flour carefully in the batter or use your electric mixer at the lowest setting to mix it all in.
- Be careful not to over-beat the dough (Chill dough for 1-2 hours for optimal result, this is not mandatory though!)
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to form cookie dough balls and place them on the baking tray, bake for around 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Make the frosting by adding margarine and spread in to a bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add lime juice and lime zest along with the icing sugar and mix well.
- Once the cookies have fully cooled you can go ahead and frost them with a dollop of frosting on every cookie. Enjoy!
MORE CREAMY SPREAD RECIPES:
Toast with spread, grilled pepper + pistachiosLet's cook!
Spread Pizza with Seaweed Caviar, Dill + OnionLet's cook!