Aubergine & Stockeld Spread
Recipe made by the sandwich place Mackverket.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 150 g Stockeld Creamy Spread Original
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 dl soy sauce
- ½ a dl of sesame oil
- 1 Red chili pepper
- 2 inches of grated / chopped up ginger
- 1 Spring onion
- A handful of crispy fried onion (pre-made)
- Some sandwich cress
- Fresh cilantro
- Wash and cut your eggplant in quarters (lengthwise).
- Prepare a marinade for the eggplant by adding soy sauce, grated ginger and sesame oil to a bowl.
- Add the eggplant to the marinade and let sit for at least x minutes/hours.
- Chop up chili, cilantro, and spring onion.
- Heat up a large pot with canola oil, this will be used for frying the aubergine slices.
- When the oil reaches 180°, deep fry the aubergine until golden brown, set aside.
- Next, add some neutral oil to a frying pan and turn the stove to medium.
- Once your oil in the frying pan is hot, add sliced-up sourdough bread and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Spread a generous amount of Creamy Spread Original onto both bread slices.
- Add the fried and marinated eggplant on top of the spread along with the fried onion, cilantro, and spring onions.
- Add the top part of the bread and wrap the sandwich in sandwich paper for a more authentic vibe ;)
- Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!